Saturday 16 November 2013

locaction


The location for the music video was an important feature for the music video it is vital that it replicate my vision as it works well with he song and the narrative. Accessing my location was a complex situation, I had to know the right people in order to gain the best possible location for my music video. One of the major locations was a dance performance room, and the one I managed to gain access to have laminate flooring and a large mirror feature wall, where I am able to get a reflection of the dancers. By emailing studio, I final managed to negotiate a successfully, what I would require for my music video, such as time, music and lighting, this would create the right ambiance that I would require to meet the specification of my genre and song.

My second location would be based in a different studio where there is open space and the access to a grand piano, here is where my artist would be able to perform and show is talent and musical process. This emphasis the idea of talent and performance, from the dances of the narrative to the artist himself, the space would sure express the artist. Majority of my inspiration from John legend's music video as it fits in with a similar music genre. 


Using the natural light, I am to get shots on public transport, hence the idea of traveling from one location to another telling a story as they are looking for someone to light up the dark that’s in their hearts. As the character show how they feel empty as there are alone and looking for someone to be with. Locations such as  a cafĂ© or park depending on the character and the background, it is important that the location opens up the characters background and that there feeling about the other person are about.

No comments:

Post a Comment