Friday 22 November 2013

Filming schedule

The main production of my music video took place during November and December. Using this time period I would hope to take advantage of the dark and grey colours which would reflect to a calm and subtle visionary. The lighting would create a certain ambience which suites the genre of souls, that has a similar link with blues. With the different locations that I managed to get access to their gave me specific dates that I would be able to use the performance rooms. I have to insure that the cast are informed with good time in order to meet the dates.

My first part of product took place on November 21st 2013, on this day was beginning the secondary bases of my music video. This is where the dance Gabby is able to tell a story with her dancing. We were able to set up and use out time effectively, with the location being used as a performance space, there was a variation of lighting and setting that I could use, i went for the more simplistic bright spot light which concentrates on the dancer. While filming I sued a minimum amount of shots, such as long shots, high and low angle and one type of camera movement panning shot. It was evident that the flow of transition was not smooth, as there was no specific dance set in mind, which I aim to improve for the final cut, and this would require two camera tacking these different shots from different angles and one dance routine which can be repeated and merged.

After the feedback it is important that I took that relevant information and use to act onto the final cut. And using this information I wanted to instantly act upon the feedback to move forward and to see if there are another improvements are need to made despite the feedback December the 18th I took the opportunity to start the main body of the product, where the artist would be performing the song while playing the piano although there wasn’t similar lighting to the previous location, there was a lot of natural light that bring the colours out more. Here there was large amount of camera movements and angles. It began the challenge of lip synchronisation, there are important that the music was playing in the background so that there is a chance wile editing to identify where the music that is edited over goes to which part. 

After this part of the production after editing I realised that there were parts that I could improve on such as the lip synchronisation of the artist. It was important that I would able to see the emphasis in the mouthing of the lyrics due to the low quality and the dark lighting. At the same time I had to do the dancing part of the production again this was to see get range of camera angles and movements. Although I managed to keep some of the footage from the previous production due to the high angle shots and long shots which worked effectively.  

No comments:

Post a Comment