Wednesday 19 February 2014

Photoshoot


I asked my artist to take several pictures of him from different angles and distances. It was important that I used a white background to take the pictures because while using Photoshop it easier to move different selections and transferring them to new background as the clothing can contrast with the background. When taking the photos I used a Sony Xperia S camera, after different takes I realised that it would work more effectively using natural light as to be able to see more of the details in the clothes and the colours. My decision of selecting the black suit and white shirt is that fact that it links perfectly with the genre an emphasis of class and style which the male audience can aspire to. However there was several imperfection on the suit such as the left pocket, It wasn't too much of an issue because my skills and knowledge that I gained on using Photoshop CC would allow me to remove them, using content aware fill.

The angles I used that I thought would work well with either the digipak or the magazine advert would be close ups or mid shots which is used a lot in albums and magazines, such as the rolling stones and the time magazine. That idea of brand image that the record company might want to create for the artist and they attempt to bring him forward in the competitive music industry, this can also entice the female audience.

Other shots are took were close up and side profiles of the artist, this was used for the insert of the digipak in order to introduce the people involved with the music, music video and directors. They are a major part of the industry as a part of the album there should be recognised. With being the artist first album it is important to introduce these people world and amplify their talents.


No comments:

Post a Comment