Friday 21 February 2014

Digipak Rough Cut


Front cover.
After looking at different successful digipak in the similar music genre, there were ideas I took through and ideas that I left. For the front cover I took a simple approach similar to John Legend’s album once again there wasn’t too much complex feature, unlike Chris Brown’s album graffiti. Moreover using outside inspiration such as the poster of the godfather, which bring a level of class which is require for this genre. Having a plain back background and the suit also blended with the background only to see the lighter colours such as the white shirt and the black tight that contrast on the white shit. The skin tone of the model/artist also stand out from the background, using a hair brush, I removed several imperfection on the face of the model, at the same time it made the skin town darker, so that it flows better with the background.

Furthermore on the poster of the godfather, there is a hint of red which is the flower that is on ‘’Vito Corleone’s’’ pocket, I though having a similar reference, a lager flower at the bottom hand right corner of the album cover, I took a picture of google images, and selecting a picture of 1080p to get the best professional finish as possible. The title of the album is ‘’Otty’’ which is a self-titled album, in order for the audience to identify an upcoming artist. And for the font style which would be the continuity brand identity for the artist, I used ‘’AR BONNIE’’ as the font style which has a classic art deco theme.

CD
The CD cover was inspired by Chris Brown’s album graffiti, I used the idea of the silhouette of the artist as the main feature of the cd, with the back layer of paint the contrast is a white silhouette. I took a side profile of my model and increase the saturation of the selected area and created a white outer layer. I used a large soft black brush which would remover the bottom shape of the profile creating a curved edge which would go round on the edge of shape of the CD.

I kept the same style with the text as the front cover keeping that brand identity throughout the whole product. At the bottom of the CD its states ‘’Dedicated to the fantastic music by Otty Freeman, with classic hits such as, “Words and Light up the Dark” 
featuring equally brilliant covers.’’ Where I am giving credit to the actual artist and his contribution to the whole media product of the song. Another feature that airs quite common on CD is the production company/record company that was part of the media product, I selected ‘’Sony Music.’’ I chose a 1080p image using the curve adjustments made the red of the logo, redder so it’s able to stand out on the black Layer of the CD.

Back Cover
With back of the album, I took a feature from the music video of the contemporary dance, after taking a picture of her in an abstract position, I used the similar format as the CD creating a silhouette of the dance. And using a large black soft brush, I coloured next to her, so a blend of black would from the house colour of the digipak in her body and flowing in to the colour white. Instinctively this would draw the eye of the consumer, the contrast of the colours. Using some of the songs that his own songs and the covers that OTTY has produced, I used them as the songs of his latest album, featuring ‘’light Up the dark’’ and ‘’Happy ft Pharrell Williams.’’  Again using the same font of ‘’AR BONNIE’’

‘’EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: OTTY FREEMAN, KUDA DERA & RICARDO LOSCALZO
www.OTTYMUSIC.com  www.BESTOFBRITISHUNSIGNED.com
© 2014 all trademarks and logos are protected. All rights reserved. Unauthorised duplication is violation of applicable laws.’’

This commonly feature on the bottom of the album, giving shout out to the people who contributed with the manufacture of the album. Also the website that people can find more information. I mentioned that artist website and the website I found him this is giving credit to them as they help me build the media product.  The statement at the bottom is to protect the band identity of the artist and keeping the product trademarked. I also used an alternative barcode, which is becoming more and more popular and can be scanned on phones to find different information about the album.  

No comments:

Post a Comment