Thursday 6 March 2014

Audience feedback Digipak

After showing my audience the rough cut of the digipak there was some critics and some positive feedback that I took from the information they gave me.

I went for the black house style for the final digipak cover. This was definitely admired by the audience because of the simplicity of it. ‘’It shows simplicity however it still manages to draw you eye, with the colour of the rose.’’ They also liked the idea of ‘’the model, flowing into the background of the album which shows that he is a part of it and the connection between the album and himself.’’ However the criticism that they gave the front of the album is that it doesn’t have an album name. I was going for the self-titled name for the album to introduce the album to the target market, however the audience recommended that I should relate the album name to the name of the music video song. ‘’Light up the dark’’ and they also passed a few suggestions such as, ‘’light, illuminate, shine’’ I thought it would be a good way forward to have a name for the album. 

In the inside there was no insert for the digipak where I was able to show the people who are involved in the album or any special feature I would like to include in the album. They picked up on that and they strongly recommended that I should do so, so that the audience would know who the artist is and what they are about, selling themselves to the new market. The next part of that was the CD, the liked the idea of the silhouette  which I took inspiration form Chris Brown’s Album, graffiti and the idea of using a side profile and putting more attention on the artist. However the there was a suggestion that I should use the majority of the space rather than half the CD to emphasis the brand identity of the artist.

The back cover was also kept simple, my attempts was to relate the main music video to the digipak by using another silhouette of the dance in a position and spreading it across the back of the digipak. Some of the comments for the feedback was it was working with the rest of the digipak, at some stage there should be a picture of the artist wearing casual clothes rather than consistently suited up, however I thought that I would use that for the insert of the digipak, showing a more sociable artist in which the aspiration audience can relate to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment